Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowpocalypse

SNOW!!! and lots of it has been falling, falling. . . Last Friday a major snow storm hit Baltimore and left us a beautiful 2 feet of snow! It was beautiful, but it closed the city of Baltimore for the weekend. We enjoyed a nice long weekend trapped inside, but made the most of it. We played a lot of Settlers (and made addicts out of some our friends), Boggle, cards, etc. We also ventured out in the snow to walk the streets and clear off the car.


Monday the roads were somewhat drivable, but our car was still trapped by the two feet of snow in the unplowed roads.


We were all geared up for Tuesday and I was ready to fly out to one of my best friend's wedding, but apparently the weather was gearing up as well and the threat of another 6-10 inches of snow canceled my flight. :( This second storm hit later Tuesday afternoon and was pretty harsh. It was a lot windier and created drifts. We still don't know how much more snow fell as some places had nothing on the ground and a few feet away was up to our knees! (Not that I really know, I didn't go out but Aaron did.)

To top it all off the University of Maryland opened again for school today, so I assumed Hopkins did as well. Not so. I rode the bus all the way to work (which took an amazingly long time and I had to walk further to catch my bus due to weather limitations), but when I went to get in the row house where the office is located I found the front door locked! I couldn't even get into the key pad to get into the building proper. Foiled in my attempts I called my boss who was surprised, but told me to go home and that we'll get back to work on Monday. Good times.

Well here are some other pics from a little excursion we took a couple weeks ago up to the Inner Harbor.


1 comment:

  1. Holy snow!!! Send some of that to Utah! I bet it was fun to just relax for a few days along with the rest of the East Coast. Your pictures of the Inner Harbor make me miss it there. Such a fun place! Hope you are loving married life!!

    ReplyDelete