Monday, March 8, 2010

Game of the Week

We really enjoy playing games and do so often. We have our favorites, but we also love to try new games. I thought it would be fun to share some games we have discovered and to get ideas for new games we should try.

This week one of our new favorite games is Ticket to Ride: Europe! Our friends Justin and Beth bought it and we LOVE it! Hopefully they won't get sick of playing it with us!

Here's a brief synopsis of the game from Boardgame Revolution:

"Ticket to Ride Europe takes you on a new train adventure across Europe. From Edinburgh to Constantinople and from Lisbon to Moscow, you'll visit great cities of turn-of-the-century Europe. More than just a new map, Ticket to Ride – Europe features brand new gameplay elements including Tunnels, Ferries and Train Stations. The game will also include larger format cards and Train Station game pieces."

There is an original "Ticket to Ride" which we have not played, but we heard that the Europe one was more fun anyway.

Please feel free to share your opinion of this game or other games you would or would not recommend! Happy gaming!

3 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite games!!! i love it and the american version. maybe i should come over and play games with you guys....no one plays with me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this game- I think it is quite a bit harder than the US version though because I am not up on my European geography. This brings back happy memories of 10th grade ap euro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with the Europe version, so much better! My favorite games: Bananagrams, Scattegories, Moods, Cranium (and team cranium, I forget the exact name), four square, red rover, and charades! (I know these aren't new ones, but I figured you like to have comments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete