Friday, November 12, 2010

Wow! It's Been A Long Time...

So after more than 2 months I hope that people will still read our blog. I can't believe I've let it slide for so long. I'd like to say my neglect has been because I've been so crazy busy I just haven't had time, but I can't even think of a great excuse. So I'll just jump into what's been going on.

We did make it to the State Fair and it was a blast! Complete with pig racing, deep fried oreos and the big yellow slide! :) It lived up to all my expectations as usual.

For Labor Day the Madsen clan (sans Melissa & Chris) migrated south. We landed in St. George Friday night to see Tarzan at Tuacahn, and it was awesome. It was such a great venue to showcase the gorillas and all of the trapezee-ing, etc. We even stayed around after the show and got pictures with the cast. I'll have to track them down because some of them are pretty awesome. From St. George we continued south to Las Vegas to play with the Newson family and celebrate with our good friends Liz & her new husband Dave. They are so cute together and we're glad we could come down to join in the festivities.

Aaron's grandpa, Aaron Bruce Mendenhall, Jr passed away on October 1st. It was sad to see him leave us, but it was amazing how everyone could feel it was his time. His whole family gave a beautiful funeral service and it was a great experience to learn of his influence in so many people's lives. Aaron's sisters came in from England and Detroit for everything and it was good to be able to spend some time all together. We also got to meet baby Aspen for the first time and she is a doll!

We made it to our first BYU Football game of the season (and probably only live game this year). It was the rainy Wyoming game, but it was a win so we'll take it! :) It wasn't bad once we got there and we sat it the awesome Madsen seats! So no complaining here! Go Cougs!

Halloween was quite exciting as well. We were quite the party animals as we made it 2 parties and were too late for the 3rd we wanted to go to. It was a lot of fun. My friend Jessica lent me an awesome pirate wench costume and then Aaron found all the makings of a pirate costume as well, so we were quite the fearsome couple. :) The pics of the two of us must be on Aaron's camera, but here are Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (aka my parents) and two of my sisters Carly, Erika and me.



We've also had some fun playing with our nieces and nephews lately. We've had a lot of fun building forts in the living room. One day we'll build a really good one, but this will work for now as our hiding place from the evil skeksis (see The Dark Crystal if you don't know what that is :)).

More will follow and in better time than before (although that won't be hard to do). May you all have a happy feasting season! Bring on the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment