Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Back

First off I have to announce that we are the proud aunt & uncle of a beautiful baby girl, Aspen Riley Pruett! We are so excited for Aaron's sister Megan & her husband Ben as they embark on the wonderful adventure that is parenthood! We can't wait to meet her! She is just so precious!

Now after that precious introduction and a much longer than anticipated hiatus I am finally writing again. We have been back in Utah for just about 2 months and it has been quite crazy, but great. I thought we would get home and have tons of time to just play with everyone we haven't seen forever, but that's not really how it has worked out. We haven't even been grocery shopping since we've been home if that tells you anything...well beside the occasional quick trip to grab a needed item for a party or something. July was brimming with fabulous family events that included a trip to Colorado for cousin Preston's wedding, the Madsen Family Campout at Bear Lake, family BBQ's, moving into Aaron's parents' house, Aaron joining his dad's practice and a trip to Fish Lake (not quite in that order). We played right up until the time that I started my new job at the Utah Department of Health.

I feel so blessed to have found such a great job so quickly! I'm working as an epidemiologist and data manager for the Utah Environmental Public Health Tracking Network. Basically I work with data to track health outcomes and environmental hazards. If you want to know more you can ask me about it. :) I was pretty lucky to take over the job from my friend John who just moved to North Carolina to pursue a PhD - the luckiest part was the 2 week overlap we had for John to impart as much of his wisdom as I could absorb. I still feel like I'm really slow, but I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with what I'm doing. And I really like everyone I work with so that's always a huge bonus!

Aaron is also settling into his role as a dentist. So if any of you are in need of a new dentist search no more! :) My sister Erika was his first official patient of his own; I'll have to get a testimonial from her before she comes in again to get her cavity filled! If you're interested you can check out the practice's website at www.drroundy.com. It should be updated soon with Aaron's information as well, but the phone numbers are the same! He's also looking for somewhere else to work for a day or two a week, so I'll keep you all posted on how that goes!

There's so much to write about and pictures to post that I can't do it all in one sitting, so the anticipation continues. I'll write again soon though. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment